So easy to include in your healing protocol.
And so valuable.
Turmeric, and it's active ingredient curcumin, is known to alleviate systemic inflammation. That's how it supports the reversal of autoimmune diseases and counteracts neurodegeneration, including conditions like Alzheimer’s. To find out more about the common link between these diseases, read The Origin of Illness.
It's not surprising that most AIP bloggers include it in their recipes on a regular basis.
To spread the golden love (and help counteract the effects of all the baking that's floating around at this time of year), I've gathered together 60 AIP-compliant recipes, to make it easy to include turmeric in your healing protocol.
Here they are:
- Grilled Asian Lamb Chops from Beyond the Bite
- Bacon-wrapped Curry Burgers from the Paleo Mom
- Slow-cooker Pulled Pork from Beyond the Bite
- Lamb Tangine with Orange, Prunes & Cilantro Couscous from Healing Family Eats
- Grilled Dry-Rubbed Steak from Beyond the Bite
- Popcorn Meatballs from Sweet Potatoes and Social Change
- Spiced Meatballs with Apple Glaze from Beyond the Bite
- Moroccan-inspired Lamb Heart Stew from the Paleo Mom (omit the seed spices for AIP: cumin, coriander, fennel & pepper)
- Asian Beef-Liver Pate from Beyond the Bite
- Bacon Olive Lamb's Liver Pate from The Bacon Mum
- Ginger Turmeric Chicken from Enjoying This Journey
- Spiced Grapefruit Duck Confit guest post by Gabriella Schneider at Paleo Parents
- Indian-spiced Roast Chicken from Comfort Bites
- Sticky Moroccan Wings from Beyond the Bite
- Chicken Tenders from Beyond the Bite
- Finger-Lickin baked Chicken Wings from The Bacon Mum
- Spicy Ginger Turmeric Turkey from Heal Me in the Kitchen
- Busy Family One-pan Chicken Legs from Heal Me in the Kitchen
- Cranberry-glazed Chicken from Autoimmune Paleo
- Turmeric Chicken Salad from Sweet Potatoes and Social Change
- Chicken Gizzard Jerky from Beyond the Bite
Fish & Seafood
- Poached Salmon with Leek & Fennel Soup from Biohack U
- Zanzibar Coconut Fish with Carrot Mash from Adventures in Partaking
- Garlic Honey Salmon from Adventures in Partaking
- Garlic Steamed Crabs from Sweet Potatoes and Social Change
- Kipper Cakes from Beyond the Bite
- Salmon Balls with Herby Spinach Sauce and Cauli-squash Mash from healing Family Eats
- Green-gold Saffron Rice from Joanna Frankham
- 4 Flavours of Cauliflower Rice from Phoenix Helix
- Zucchini & Caramelized Turmeric from Biohack U
- Ginger Turmeric Yams from Biohack U
- Moroccan-inspired Broccoli Salad from Autoimmune Paleo
- Turmeric Roasted Vegetables from Sweet Potatoes and Social Change
- No-bake Carrot Cake Bites from Beyond the Bite
Soups & Stews
- Curried Chicken Rice Stew from Phoenix Helix
- Spiced Carrot Soup from Adventures in Partaking
- Coconut Curry Soup from Beyond the Bite
- Choose Your Own Adventure Moroccan Stew from Eat Heal Thrive
- Turkey Chili from Eat Heal Thrive
- Salmon Zucchini Bisque from Adventures in Partaking
Stir-Fries, Skillets & Curries
- Thai-inspired Turkey Meatball & Coconut Curry from Comfort Bites
- Mutton & Spinach Curry from Comfort Bites
- King Prawn Curry a guest post by Jo Romero at The Paleo Mom
- Beef Pumpkin Curry from Adventures in Partaking
- Beef Parsnip Massaman Curry with Coconut Rice from Adventures in Partaking
- Tropical Turmeric Stirfry from Homemade for Elle
- Turmeric Pork Skillet from Sweet Treats
- Moroccan-inspired Lamb Hash from Enjoying This Journey
- Sweet Coconut Shrimp Curry from Phoenix Helix (use the seedless curry variation)
- Super Simple Cold-busting Tea from Joanna Frankham
- Bulletproof Golden Anti-inflammatory Tea from Heal Me in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Turmeric Collagen Shake from Healing Family Eats
- Ginger Ale for Adults from Biohack U
- Soothing Turmeric Milk from Heartbeet Kitchen
- Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Tea from Autoimmune Paleo
- Turmeric Tonic Kombucha from Autoimmune Paleo
- Green Curry from Autoimmune Paleo
- Creamy Turmeric Sauce from Hollywood Homestead
- Barbecue Sauce from The Paleo Mom
- Cauli-Cheese Sauce from Eat Heal Thrive (omit the mustard on the AIP)
Of course, you don't need a recipe to up your consumption of turmeric.
Just sprinkle some in whenever you are cooking.
Our Functional Medicine Doctor puts 1/4 of a cup of it in his smoothie every morning!
The only thing to beware of: it totally stains. If you get splattered with turmeric-infused liquid, your clothes will have yellow spots forever.
AIP Batch Cook
The secret to living and eating well lies in preparation. AIP Batch Cook shows you exactly how to prep and cook an entire week’s worth of delicious health-promoting food in two 2-hour sessions. It includes step-by-step video tutorials and everything else you need to become a healing protocol ninja in the kitchen.
Mickey Trescott's AIP Batch Cook gets you out of the kitchen and into your new improved life.