It's hard for me to keep up with everything that goes on in the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) blogging world, even within a single day.
Because AIP bloggers are international, they kind of form a hive mind. One that never sleeps. It's a hive mind that's tackling the radical challenge of reversing autoimmune through diet and lifestyle.
I'm a bit of an interloper, as I don't have an autoimmune condition myself, but they've accepted me anyway. I learn more about the Autoimmune Protocol & living with autoimmune from AIP bloggers every day.
We're a virtual community, so most of us have never met in person, but Mickey Trescott's recent book tour has brought constellations of bloggers members together, including in Vancouver last Monday.
I live in Victoria (a few hours & a ferry ride away) but my #2 kid recently moved to Vancouver, so I planned a trip for the AIP bloggers convergence & also got to buy my kid groceries & give him all the maternal lectures he's been missing since he got his own apartment.
Autoimmune Protocol Bloggers
Currently, I'm friendly with dozens of Autoimmune Protocol Bloggers from around the world.
Here are links to some of their blogs.
These blogs are all created & maintained by people who are working to reverse their autoimmune symptoms with the Autoimmune Protocol.
They are an indication that this truly is a grassroots revolution, led by people who are working to restore their own health & who are sharing what they learn (with each other & the rest of us) as they go.
- Autoimmune Paleo: With five autoimmune diseases between them, Angie and Mickey found their path to better health with the Autoimmune Protocol.
- Provincial Paleo: As "a woman diagnosed with Graves’ Disease, I blog my experiences from my kitchen in the heart of Quebec City".
- Meatified: "Since discovering the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol, I have continued to experiment with my health and figure out the foods that I can and cannot eat and my health is improving with every passing day."
- A Squirrel in the Kitchen "Along with a regular practice of relaxation techniques and exercise, the delicious and healthy recipes I developed for myself and my family allowed me to rebuild my health from the ground up."
- Grazed and Enthused: "This lifestyle has brought my autoimmune diseases & Leaky Gut into remission, and Grazed & Enthused is my way to give back to the community and help others."
- Phoenix Helix: "I started this website to share all I’ve learned (and continue to learn) about nutritional healing, and to join the online community of people empowered to regain their health through food and lifestyle choices."
- Healing Family Eats: "If you, too, are dealing with your own autoimmune issues and challenges, then you are not alone on this slow walk to better health. Know that here is another family treading the same path as yourself!"
- Comfort Bites: "I have an autoimmune disease and, as long as I eat properly and look after myself, so far it's being kicked back into remission"
- Field Notes on Healing: "I am a young person with an autoimmune disease called rheumatoid arthritis. Though my diagnosis in 2012 did change my life, I am not defined only by my disease."
- The Primordial Table: At 24, I didn't want to be bald... I was tired of having digestive issues, tired of feeling run down with no energy, tired of being overweight, tired of being depressed and moody and irritable, tired of feeling like I had no control over my own body. So I stopped avoiding the obvious."
- He Won't Know It's Paleo: " I’m a wife, momma of three and a Christian. I found out in the spring of 2013 I also have Celiac’s disease and Hashimoto’s thyroid disease."
- Enjoying this Journey: "Along with striving to get back to the basics, my family also welcomes a real foods/biologically appropriate diet"
- Fresh Tart: "Within weeks of following the AIP, my symptoms started to improve and after several months, I feel and look like my best self again."
- It's me, Charlotte!: "In May of 2014 I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and am currently following the autoimmune protocol in order to heal my thyroid (and my entire body!) from this rude and unwelcome autoimmune disease. So far, so good!"
- Joanna Frankham: "My autoimmune affliction has affected me in many ways – physically, emotionally, and no doubt psychologically. But, in a weird way, I’m a little bit grateful to have it. Without it, I wouldn’t have overhauled my eating habits. I’m healthier now than I’ve been in years."
- A Clean Plate: "Within a month of adopting the protocol, my migraines were gone and I was headache-free for the first time in ten years. Now, my suicidal thoughts are a distant memory and although I still struggle with the odd flare-up, I feel healthier than I ever have in my life."
- Slightly Lost Girl: "I write about healing autoimmune disease with whole foods and lifestyle changes."
- Adventures in Partaking: "My goal is to chronicle my experiences on the AIP diet."
- The Bacon Mum: "In 2008 about six months after the birth of my daughter I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)… it wasn’t until I found The Autoimmune Protocol that I found the relief I deserved."
- Gutsy By Nature: "My long and complicated medical history includes a diagnosis of Crohn’s disease in 1995, a total of seven surgeries resulting in borderline short bowel syndrome, severe iron-deficiency anemia."
- Simple and Merry: "My energy improved, my skin cleared (it isn’t done, though!) my joints felt better, and I didn’t desperately want a nap every afternoon."
- Paleo Cajun Lady: "Going paleo to help heal my autoimmune disease, Lupus, vitiligo, and plaque psoriasis, has brought me closer to my Cajun roots."
- The Primitive Homemaker: "I have became a researcher, and a body-listener. My healing process has only just begun, but my body is telling me that I am on the right track."
- Backcountry Paleo: " My healing path has brought me here to Backcountry Paleo, where I am excited to share my inspiration about getting back into the wild, high, and remote places."
- Reality Bites: "Finding out the source for my illness was like finding a map when you’re lost in the forest – you’re not sure where you are on the map… but you know where you want to go. Then, you start recognizing landmarks, and eventually you triangulate your location and start to find your way out."
- Sweet Potatoes and Social Change: "I have found great positive change in my life through changing the way I eat and view my food. After being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called ulcerative colitis in 2011, I have been on a journey to manage my disease through diet and lifestyle."
- The Paleo PI: "I started on the AIP seeking respite for a myriad of symptoms which had built up over many years, determined to improve my health through nutrition. Little did I realise that the AIP would unequivocally change my life for the better by providing a sense of self empowerment which I had never experienced before, expanding well beyond nutrition."
- Heal me in the kitchen: Whole food advocate, recipe developer,ferment fanatic, mother, wife, artist and entrepreneur... finds joy in balancing a holistic lifestyle to support her continuing battle with Ulcerative Colitis.
- Beyond The Bite: "a teen using science, food, and personal primal knowledge to excel beyond the limits of my health condition. Starting 5 years ago, and even further back into my childhood, I started feeling the effects of late stage Lyme."
- Kaiku Lifestyle: "We are on a road to healing from food allergies through real food that makes us feel good. Kaiku means echo in Finnish. I believe in listening to the echo of our lifestyle to our bodies and the environment."
- Empowered Sustenance: "Ever since my ulcerative colitis diagnosis six years ago, I constantly learn how diet, emotions, and lifestyle fit together as the key to healing chronic disease."
AIP Batch Cook
Eat well (cook less) with AIP Batch Cook.
AIP Batch Cook shows you exactly how to prep and cook an entire week’s worth of delicious health-promoting food in two 2-hour sessions. It includes step-by-step video tutorials and everything else you need to become a healing protocol ninja in the kitchen.
Mickey Trescott's AIP Batch Cook gets you out of the kitchen and into your new improved life.