A Healing Protocol is a practice.
It’s a discipline.
As such, it’s a noun and a verb.
I woke up this morning thinking about this. That a healing protocol lifestyle could be a spiritual practice, even.
Then I remembered that years ago I developed this model for work, as a tool to assist with self-evaluation for the development of practice. And I wondered if it is relevant to the practice of healing.
So I modified it.
Here's the original model. Below I've adapted the text for a healing protocol.
A model of Healing Protocol practice
Practice develops over time and with experience.
This model depicts some stages in the evolution of a personal healing practice. The goal is to achieve the generative stage, while continuing to make use of the strengths of each of the other stages.
- I respond to emergency situations (I’m hungry & I have to work late!) as they arise;
- I engage in activities that do not necessarily support my healing goals;
- My healing protocol is often crisis-driven (like doing food prep when ravenously hungry).
If I get stuck here it may be because I am not yet fully invested in my protocol, I am accustomed to living in crisis, or my environment is out of balance.
- I have systems in place to manage my healing protocol.
If I get stuck it may be because I lack confidence, feel safe when others (doctors, etc.) take responsibility, or live in a social system that discourages health.
- I actively work to identify ways that I can improve my healing protocol practice on an ongoing basis;
- I seek feedback from others who are on the healing protocol path.
If I get stuck, I can identify why.
- My healing philosophy and the development of my healing practice are embedded in almost everything I do;
- I learn every day;
- I anticipate, create, and build meaningful connections to support my healing protocol.
If I get stuck, I take responsibility for change.
P.S. No one starts at the generative stage!
AIP Batch Cook
Invest in your Healing Protocol practice.
AIP Batch Cook shows you exactly how to prep and cook an entire week’s worth of delicious health-promoting food in two 2-hour sessions. It includes step-by-step video tutorials and everything else you need to become a healing protocol ninja in the kitchen.
Mickey Trescott's AIP Batch Cook gets you out of the kitchen and into your new improved life.